19-23 GM 1500 FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
EXP Series for the 2019-2023 GM 1500 is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation.
The 6061-billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the truck’s OE coil springs. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable front-end ride height adjustment from 2.375” to 3.75" of lift over stock.
EXP Series shocks utilize a one-piece digressive piston design and are custom tuned for the 2019-2023 GM 1500 in conjunction with their stock front coil springs to maximize damping performance and provide unsurpassed ride quality, on and off-road. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body also provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
features & Benefits
- Vehicle specific design for the 2019-2023 GM 1500 trucks
- Adjustable ride heights from 2.375-3.75” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coils
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodize finish
- PTFE lined bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- One-piece impact extruded aluminum hard anodized cylinders offer excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- 100% Bolt-on - no cutting or welding necessary for installation
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
download installation guide
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9 with 5” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9 with 5” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires (Silverado 1500): 35"x12.50" (Minor fender trimming and modifications may be required)
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires (Sierra 1500): 34"x12.00" (Minor fender trimming and modifications may be required)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- APPLICATION NOTE #110: TRIMMING REQUIRED FOR RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE
- TECH NOTE: EXP Coilovers are sold individually. A quantity of 2 are required per vehicle.
- TECH NOTE: Models equipped with Duramax diesel engines will have front lift height range of 1.75-3" over stock
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with models equipped with Adaptive Ride Control (ARC)
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with Silverado 1500 ZR2 or Sierra 1500 AT4X
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with Silverado 1500 Trail Boss or Sierra 1500 AT4