22-23 TUNDRA 2.5 VS RR CDEV COILOVER KIT
ICON Vehicle Dynamics V.S. 2.5 Series remote reservoir front coilover shocks with CDEV are an incredible upgrade for the front end of the 2022-2023 Toyota Tundra. These adjustable coilovers allow up to 1-3.5” of lift height adjustability, allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. ICON’s Vehicle-specific shock length and valving along with the larger 2.5” shock body and increased piston area over stock components yield the maximum travel possible along with superior ride quality and suspension performance both on- and off-road. Reservoirs greatly increase shock oil volume and heat dissipation surface area to resist overheating and cavitation under hard use, which can lead to damper fade. The ICON CDE Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride electronically from inside the vehicle. Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) is an electronically controlled valve that meters the flow of oil to regulate the amount of damping force that is created by the shock when compressed. This infinitely variable valve can react in less than 40ms and has the ability to make extremely precise adjustments for varying terrain. CDEV’s hydraulic circuits are also custom tailored per application to create the highest resolution and dynamic range allowable for each specific vehicle. Powered by ICON Intelligent Control and proprietary ICON mobile app, the system uses information from the onboard G-force sensor and Gyroscope to perform calculations based on algorithms and user-defined settings to predict terrain and adjust shock settings via the CDEV accordingly. When paired with ICON 2.5 or 3.0 Series CDEV rear shocks vehicle control will be balanced front to rear, resulting in the best overall driving experience for your Toyota Tundra.
features & Benefits
- ICON's CDE Valve technology allows for in vehicle adjustment of compression damping settings and active adjustment via the ICON Intelligent Control (IIC)
- Increased wheel travel and improved ride quality over stock
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- Adjustable up to 1.25-3.5" of front lift height over stock
- Remote reservoirs maintain cooler operating temperatures during extended off-road use
- ICON CDCV equipped for 10 settings of external compression damping adjustment
- ICON engineered coil springs
- 6061 Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated shock bodies with 7/8" diameter shafts
- FK rod end bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
download installation guide
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: 17x8.5" w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Minor fender trimming and modifications may be required)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. LIFT HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE.
- APPLICATION NOTE #85: ADVERTISED LIFT HEIGHT RANGES ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE. INCREASING WEIGHT OF VEHICLE DUE TO ACCESSORIES WILL ALTER LIFT RANGE.
- APPLICATION NOTE #144: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TRD PRO
- APPLICATION NOTE #146: TUNDRA SR5 EQUIPPED WITH TRD SPORT PACKAGE LIFT RANGE WILL BE 2.25-4.5"
- APPLICATION NOTE #148: ICON DOES NOT RECOMMEND LIFTING ABOVE 2.25" OF LIFT WITHOUT AN ICON UPPER CONTROL ARM, FAILURE TO DO SO CAN RESULT IN IMPROPER WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO FRONT AXLES ON 4WD MODELS
- APPLICATION NOTE #149: FOR 4WD MODELS WITHOUT TRD OFF-ROAD PACKAGE ICON RECOMMENDS USING ICON DIFF DROP (PART# 55156) OR USING TOYOTA TRD AXLES (PART# 434200C020 DRIVER / 434100C020 PASS). FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN FRONT AXLE DAMAGE. NOT REQUIRED FOR TRD PRO.
- TECH NOTE: Also requires installation of IIC kit (Part # 53508) and CDEV rear shocks (Part # 57840EP or 57845EP)
- TECH NOTE: If upgrading a Tundra equipped with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) all other vehicle systems remain functional
- TECH NOTE: Most Tundra sub-models equipped with i-Force gasoline engine will have front lift height range of 1.25-3.5" over stock
- TECH NOTE: Most Tundra sub-models equipped with i-Force MAX hybrid engine will have front lift height range of .75-3" over stock
- TECH NOTE: Lift heights above 2.25” require sway bar drop bracket kit part number 55154