05-UP TACOMA FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. 05-UP Tacoma EXP shocks mount in a shaft-up orientation and include the upper shock mount and spring seat.
The 6061-billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the Tacoma's OE coil springs. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable front-end ride height adjustment from 0" to 2” of lift over stock.
EXP Series shocks utilize a one-piece digressive piston design and are custom tuned for the Tacoma in conjunction with their stock front coil springs to maximize damping performance and provide unsurpassed ride quality, on and off-road. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body also provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
features & Benefits
- Vehicle specific design for 2005-UP Toyota Tacoma
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir
- Adjustable ride heights from 0-2” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- Impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offer excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish
- PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
download installation guide
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9 with 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9 with 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Minor fender trimming may be required)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. LIFT HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE.
- APPLICATION NOTE #110: TRIMMING REQUIRED FOR RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE
- APPLICATION NOTE #144: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TRD PRO
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with 2005-2015 rear wheel drive Tacomas with 5 wheel lug studs
- TECH NOTE: Requires ICON sway bar relocation bracket part # 611030
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with 2021-2022 Tacoma Trail