96-02 4RUNNER 0-3" STAGE 4 SUSPENSION SYSTEM
The 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner was an excellent vehicle off the showroom floor over a decade ago, and Toyota’s reputation for reliability and performance continues to draw the attention of both hardcore off-road enthusiasts and newcomers to the “3rd Gen” platform to this day. ICON engineers have assessed the 3rd Gen 4Runner front to back and developed components that work together to extract maximum performance out of the vehicle.
With the ICON Stage 4 suspension system on and off-road performance is significantly improved with 2.5 Series Extended Travel Remote Reservoir Coilovers and 2.5 Aluminum Series Remote Reservoir Rear Shocks that feature ICON engineered coil springs, vehicle-specific shock valving, FK Rod End bearings, and high-quality CNC-machined components for superior damping and control. The 2.5 VS Series coilovers are height adjustable from 0-3” of lift over stock, allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. Fully serviceable shock absorbers mean that these components can be rebuilt or re-valved as necessary, providing a long service life and the ability to customize the ride quality for unique vehicle setups. The addition of an ICON tubular steel upper control arm kit provides increased wheel travel over stock while also offering alignment correction for improved overall handling. ICON engineered rear coil springs increase rear suspension performance while also providing 1" of rear end lift. ICON Vehicle Dynamics' 1996-2002 4Runner Stage 4 suspension system is an excellent choice for those drivers looking to drastically improve the performance and handling characteristics of their 3rd Gen on the road as well as in the dirt.
This system features upper control arms with ICON's patented Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy-duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greaseable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
features & Benefits
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock
- Bolt-on design makes for straightforward install
- Decreased body roll
- Vehicle-specific tuned front and rear shocks provide superior damping and control
- Coilovers are adjustable from 0-3" of lift height
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock bodies with 7/8" shafts
- 2.5 Aluminum Series rear shocks feature one-piece impact extruded aluminum cylinders for excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum components
- ICON engineered rear coils provide 1" of lift and improved performance
- Tubular steel upper control arms feature ICON Delta Joints
download installation guide
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5" w/ 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9" w/ 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9" w/ 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- APPLICATION NOTE #35: REMOTE RESERVOIR MOUNTING BRACKETS MAY INTERFERE WITH AFTERMARKET BUMPER MOUNTS / WINDSHIELD WASHER BOTTLES.
- APPLICATION NOTE #47: 700LB/IN EXPEDITION COIL AVAILABLE FOR HEAVIER EQUIPPED VEHICLES
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- APPLICATION NOTE #111: BUMP STOP SPACER KIT AVAILABLE THAT CAN BE INSTALLED TO INCREASE THREADS SHOWING BEYOND MAX RECOMMENDATION.
- Ships in multiple boxes
- 58716 (QTY: 1) | 96-02 4RUNNER 2.5 VS EXT TRAV RR COILOVER KIT
- 58400DJ (QTY: 1) | 96-04 TACOMA/96-02 4RNR TUBULAR UCA DJ KIT
- 53015 (QTY: 1) | 96-02 4RUNNER 1" REAR COIL SPRING KIT
- 57800P (QTY: 1) | 96-02 4RUNNER REAR 2.5 VS RR UPKG PAIR